Lore[edit | edit source]
Azazel stands upon the wilderness staring into the limitless plains. He sees nothing but fools amongst both humans and animals. He sighs with great displeasure.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- Reappered on April 16, 2014 in Chains of Vengeance Card Pack.
- Reappered on April 28, 2014 in the Dusk of Survival Card Pack.
- Available since May 10, 2014 with Returning UR Ticket, a Total Complition Reward during Revenge of the Ancients Odyssey Event.
- Rereleased on May 12, 1014 as a part of 2nd Anniversary Double Dip Grab Bag Card Pack.
- Rereleased on May 13, 2014 in the Chains of Vengeance 2 Card Pack.
- Can be drawn from the Legend Card Pack using an LCP Claim Ticket.
Name Origin[edit | edit source]
Azazel or Azazael or Azâzêl (Hebrew: עזאזל) is a term used three times in the Hebrew scriptures, and later in Hebrew mythology as the enigmatic name of a character. The meaning of Azael is that of "who God strengthens".
In the Dead Sea Scrolls the name Azazel occurs in the line 6 of 4Q203, the Book of the Giants. This is a part of the Enochic literature about fallen angels found at Qumran.
Azazel is represented in the Book of Enoch as one of the leaders of the rebellious Watchers in the time preceding the flood; he taught men the art of warfare, of making swords, knives, shields, and coats of mail, and women the art of deception by ornamenting the body, dying the hair, and painting the face and the eyebrows, and also revealed to the people the secrets of witchcraft and corrupted their manners, leading them into wickedness and impurity; until at last he was, at the Lord's command, bound hand and foot by the archangel Raphael and chained to the rough and jagged rocks of Duduael, where he is to abide in utter darkness until the great Day of Judgment, when he will be cast into the fire to be consumed forever.
Additional Info[edit | edit source]
Boss in 6th Chapter during Revenge of the Ancients Odyssey Event.